[rescue] Question: VME SBC on EBay

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Wed Jul 31 11:08:23 CDT 2002

On Wed, 31 Jul 2002 12:14:10 -0400
Joshua D Boyd <jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu> wrote:

> Other than  the move to 6U, how has it changed?  What's the bus
> bandwidth on a modern system?  And where is VME used these days other
> than SBCs and embeded systems?
>
> --
> Joshua D. Boyd

I understand it is all over custom controls and data acquisition stuff,
My dad was working with it on environmental/pollution controls for some
pretty ugly processes that required scrubbers, and scrubbers for the
scrubbers, and scrubbers for the used scrubber water, etc.

The funny thing about all that was the output was regulated by federal
rules, and they water out of the scrubber system had to be filtered to a
very low level of minerals/chemicals etc.  In fact, the water in the
drinking fountains had enough natural minerals in it that it would not
pass the regs for waste water.

Tim