[rescue] Tough sledding (SGI division)

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Fri Jul 19 16:01:52 CDT 2002

On Fri, 19 Jul 2002 09:59:59 -0400
Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:

> > I did notice that also.. but I assumed its like on my Mac (internal
> > & external)... they are .. 'fake' busses.. or 'virtual' busses.. Its
> > really basically one bus with only 7 SCSI IDs..
>
>   ...as in, one bus with two connectors.
>
>       -Dave

is this really the case?  hinv lists them on separate controllers, I was
assuming that there were actually two busses.  Hadn't run into a
conflict because I only have one disk on it and my external devices are
already on numbers so as not to conflict.  Can somebody answer this
authoritatively, or do I need to try a conflict?

Tim