[rescue] VRE01/VT1200 pictures

Bjorn Ramqvist brt at g.haggve.se
Wed Jul 10 01:22:14 CDT 2002

dave at cca.org wrote:

> I was very amused when that Mac mouse came out. "Oh look -
> they've managed to copy the DEC mouse - widely known as
> the WORST MOUSE EVER MADE."

That's nothing compared to the DEC-puck that didn't even had a ball
inside. Instead, it was like two "fingers" pointing downwards on the
surface, sensing the direction of the puck. It did work, but I think it
got replaced somewhat quickly for the other approach - optomechanical
ballmouse.
The newer ones (somewhat rectangular) are much nicer, but still
lightyears away from todays Logitechs.

I wonder if DEC ever made optical mice?
Not that I mind, I hate optical mice, but everybody else in that era had
optical.

--
Vnliga hlsningar/Best Regards
Bjrn Ramqvist, Hgglunds Vehicle AB