[rescue] (Oracle Adopting Linux) is not good news,

Al Potter apotter at spankingnuns.com
Thu Jan 31 21:21:54 CST 2002

Depends on your POV.

The serious hardware manuactures (SUN, etc) will still continue to
manufacture serious hardware.  Linux allows them to get out of the OS
business.  All they have to do (as opposed to creating and maintaining the
entire OS) is port the kernel to their architecture.

IBM seems to have gotten the idea...

I predicted this about --8-or-9-- years ago, and mostly got laughed at.  Of
course, one of the folks I was talking to was Bob Young of RH.....

AL