[rescue] Solaris 8 Differences

Joshua Johnston flagg at midmaine.com
Thu Jan 31 19:33:34 CST 2002

Hi again, folks.

	For the second time in a month, I've been bitten by the Sparc
bug.  I just won a -nicely- loaded LX on eBay, with a full 96M of RAM
and 8G of hard drives for $63.  My question should be a potentially
similar one to what some of you may have heard before.

	What are the major differences I'll find when it comes to this
Solaris installation, over what I would have seen with Linux or BSD
systems I've used in the past?  Also, what amount of resources will be
used by a Solaris 8 installation with X loaded?  My Classic runs -quite-
efficiently at 24M with OpenBSD, but that's with console only.