6100 no video- (was Re: [rescue] OpenBSD)

Mike Hebel nimitz at owc.net
Thu Jan 31 14:08:16 CST 2002

$11 at any Rat Shack!  "They also fit dog some collars. Ah-yup!"

wmc> Have you checked the lithium CMOS battery? The main symptom on my 6100 was that
wmc> the screen would not come up on a cold boot. With futzing it would come up on a
wmc> warm boot and, surprise, the date would be 1959 or some such. They're like 10 -
wmc> 12 bucks at a Mac shop.

wmc> William

wmc> --
wmc> This reminds me, i miss my powermac 6100/60.  It will make the boot
wmc> noises but I never get any video out.  I didn't use it for a year or two
wmc> and it has tons of mail for several years that i'd like to recover.  I'm
wmc> sure i could snarf it off the drive, but it'd be cool to get it back on
wmc> the lan and use it again.  this was back in like 93/94 when i thought
wmc> there was money to be made in designing web pages...i'd love to look at
wmc> all that old data.  anyone have any ideas about a system that seems
wmc> _completely_ functional but never gives any juice on the video?  it's
wmc> onboard vid of course.

wmc> ^D