6100 no video- (was Re: [rescue] OpenBSD)

wlewis at mailbag.com wlewis at mailbag.com
Thu Jan 31 08:52:11 CST 2002

Have you checked the lithium CMOS battery? The main symptom on my 6100 was that
the screen would not come up on a cold boot. With futzing it would come up on a
warm boot and, surprise, the date would be 1959 or some such. They're like 10 -
12 bucks at a Mac shop.

William

--
This reminds me, i miss my powermac 6100/60.  It will make the boot
noises but I never get any video out.  I didn't use it for a year or two

^D