[rescue] OpenBSD

Derrick D. Daugherty derrick at blinky-lights.org
Wed Jan 30 23:54:51 CST 2002

It's rumored that around Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 12:36:51AM -0500
Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:
> On January 31, Mike Nicewonger wrote:
> > Can you put a framebuffer in any of the slots? Or is that one that lacks any
> > expandability?
>
>   The 6100 has a slot which can be used for NuBUS if you have a NuBUS
> paddle board, if memory serves.

I haven't opened it in _years_  but IIRC they only expansion i could add
was a memory board... the reason I got it was it was an "all-in-one"
system.  Previous i had a MacTV which was really limited...but it was
slow as hell.  it lacked the througput to do video very well so i was
pissed..in hindsight, i wish i woulda kept it.  it was black and sexy
and did video, so i wanted it.  when what i really needed was a quadra
but that was outta my price range.

I helped some guy at bestbuy t-shoot a pc and he let me return the MacTV
over a year later for list price for the 6100. sucker.

*cracks the box open*

hmm, so there are two cache slots and two ram slots it would appear and
one other slot i don't recognize.  neither pci nor (e)isa.  i have my
second HD mounted on postit notes :)  in this era, a decade ago, i was
not hardware savvy.  i accidentally erased my shit trying out linux
around 95 or so if memory serves.  i was clueless.  point being, i have
no clue what that extra slot is.  I thought it was for further memory,
but maybe not.

^D