[rescue] SPARCStation 1 ethernet port

Andrew Michael Eberbach ameberba at student.math.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Jan 30 21:48:04 CST 2002

Sorry I just found the answers to my questions. It was the first thing
google told me to look at and to my amazement it was the SS1 Field Service
Manual (!!!) from Sunsolve.com.
Anyways here's the excerpt:
80 SPARCstation 1+ Field Service Manual
Main Logic Board Fuses
This section provides general information about the fuses and explains how
remove and replace the fuses on the main logic board. The part number for
each of the 2 ampere fuses is 150-1174.
The keyboard and mouse fuse (F802), located near the serial port B
connector,
protects the keyboard and mouse from overvoltages. If you power up the
system and any of the following occurs, the keyboard and mouse fuse may
need to be changed:
-> The speaker does not beep.
-> The LED on the front panel is not lit.
-> The LED on the bottom of the mouse is not lit.
The Ethernet fuse (F071), located near the external SCSI connector,
protects the
Ethernet transceiver from overvoltages. If you plug in the Ethernet card
into
the main logic board and the Ethernet transceiver LED does not light, the
Ethernet fuse may need to be changed. Other possible problems, if the
Ethernet transceiver does not light, include:
-> The transceiver may be bad;
-> The connection on the Ethernet cable may be bad;
-> The Ethernet cable or transceiver may have a problem (such as a bad
connection, shorted center conductor to the shield, or a broken cable
segment).

Now I gotta find a fuse ;)

Andrew