[rescue] SPARCStation 1 ethernet port

Andrew Michael Eberbach ameberba at student.math.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Jan 30 21:17:27 CST 2002

Hi all,

I have an ss1 sitting around and I for some reason the ethernet port
stopped working. The PROM sees it and I can assign it an ip address and
such but when I put a working aui transceiver on it the little light
doesn't shine and I can't get it to do anything. I already talked to Bill
bout this but I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas that involve
more, um, hardware (screw driver, hammer, etc) approaches. I know this
thing cost me $10 but I mean come on! It worked before, and everything
else is peachy so why not now???

thanks
Andrew