[rescue] Re: sunpci note: TWO cards now available

dave at cca.org dave at cca.org
Wed Jan 30 20:59:53 CST 2002

mcguire at neurotica.com writes:

>On January 30, dave at cca.org wrote:
>> It shouldn't, but Alpha shouldn't have either. And for that matter, do
>> you actually believe VMS is going to be ported again?

>  Well, no, but OS/8 isn't going to be ported either, and I ran it last
>week.  Even if they *do* discontinue it...It's not like it's going to
>blow up and disappear.

True, and OS/8 is still out there in 24/7 production environments.
But it's not getting any *new* installations/applications. It would be
a shame if VMS got like that. There are probably a lot of systems
out there that would be better off running VMS.

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org ------