[rescue] 3d filebrowsers: was :sunpci note: TWO cards now available

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at cats.ucsc.edu
Wed Jan 30 17:11:53 CST 2002

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Big Endian wrote:

> and it only works on 5.3 and below.  I want it to work w/ OpenGL not
> IRISGL(the 5.3 and below BS)  for 6.2.  I've got 6.2 on the crimson.
> I want it in source form so I can make it work w/ OpenGL.

GL is still included in Irix, so it should work OK on newer machines. Most
of the demos are GL based (i.e. the button-fly) anyways. Theoretically you
should be able to run most GL and dGL programs compiled with 5.3 under
6.5.xx with no problems.

I think GL now runs using OpenGL wrappers, or emulation. When OpenGL was
first released, it was the opposite... namely OpenGL ran on top of GL.
Does anyone know if there is any GL-like wrapper library out there for
OpenGL? I would like to run GL programs remotely on non-sgi machines...