[rescue] Solaris-Linux-BSD

dave venable vdavd34 at msn.com
Wed Jan 30 11:32:27 CST 2002

I am teaching the 4th semester of Computer Support Technology, the students
are trained not as network administrators, instead as level 1 support folks,
with an emphasis on printers, electrical-electronic repair, A+. My job is to
expose them to office connectivity. It's my plan to teach about 20 hours of
lecture-lab of some type of *nix,  and 20 hours of Novell.

By the time they get to me they will be full of winblows. I am going to
teach a base of Network+, some Win2k Server, NT4, and basic switches and
routers (Cisco)

In a mixed os environment, what issues relative to office connectivity are
these folks likely to encounter? NFS? Samba? *nix print servers? windows
unix client? Which OS should I  intro? Lab ideas?

Thanks

david