[rescue] Re: sunpci note: TWO cards now available

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at cats.ucsc.edu
Wed Jan 30 05:00:56 CST 2002

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Brian Hechinger wrote:

> > While having x86 bass-ack-wards capabilities this thing is supposed to be
> > way different on good hardware. Remember this has basically an HP PA-RISC
> > core. The HP SuperDome is shipping with the fastest PA-RISC CPU's presently
> > and is Itanium compatible when the parts finally become unobtanium.
> >
> > Check out the superdome most kick-buttski
>
> so what's the plan for HP-UX?  are they porting that to Itanium?

Supposedly IA-64 will also be able to run PA-RISC code natively, that is
why in theory they are phasing out PA-RISC. So I dunno if HP-sUX can run
off the box in the IA-64. Which BTW must be the most delayed commercial
product ever, I still have magazines that claimed that the chip was
expected in late '97!!! So this is what... 5 yrs late?