[rescue] OpenBSD

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Wed Jan 30 01:04:35 CST 2002

On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 05:21:30AM +0000, Kris Kirby wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Jan 2002, Linc Fessenden wrote:
> > This is why I really like NetBSD.  Fast install.  In defence of RedHat
> > though, that guy obviously hasn't dont very many or he'd have been done in
> > close to the same time you were.  Custom installs are the way to go with
> > Linux and they don't take very long either.  It's a lot easier to pick the
> > packageg you want before the install then to try and remove them
> > afterward.
>
> I did things backward learning. I installed FreeBSD and became comfortable
> with it. Then I got an Alpha and loaded OpenBSD on it. Then I loaded
> NetBSD on it. That was The Right Way to learn those installers. By the
> time you get to NetBSD, you're almost ready to skip the installer itself
> and just do it by hand.

I think that I have well established that I'm no admin wizard.  But I found
NetBSD easy to install on several Suns.  Now that I have a burner (assuming
that this one works, the last 2 didn't, and they were different brands for
different sources), I want to reload one of them to be OpenBSD.

--
Joshua D. Boyd