[rescue] SGI Fuel

Scott Newell newell at cei.net
Tue Jan 29 22:28:14 CST 2002

>I'm thinking get some cheap(er) ADCs and interleave them into
>channels at higher frequencies?  You could get two 48khz chips and
>interleave them to get 96khz?  Not sure how you'd handle the bit

Remember, delta-sigma converters are really fast low-bit-count converters
followed by digital filters.  Interleaving might not do what you think, and
it can introduce a whole mess of problems--see:
	http://www.chipcenter.com/eexpert/jhorn/jhorn003.html

Chances are someone like Crystal Semi will still whoop you with something
like the CS5396 and CS5397 (96kHz, 120db!):
	http://www.crystal.com/design/products/overview/detail.cfm?d=77

newell