[rescue] Re: sunpci note: TWO cards now available

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Tue Jan 29 21:01:30 CST 2002

> [Solaris], for it's networking configuration and utter reliance on [non
> pre-installed] GNU software for useability,

fair enough.  although i can honestly do everything i need to do on a sun
without the GNU stuff.  you are just all spoiled by this suite of tools and
don't realize that you don't need all that gunk to do your job.

> should be up there with VMS,

ok, now you are in the danger zone for ignorance.  VMS may be confusing as hell
(trust me, i'm lost in it too) but it is one of the most powerful operating
systems you will ever lay eyes on.   it's not complicated for the point of
being complicated, it's a very complex system that does WAY more than anything
unix.  it's a shame to see it go.

> RedShat, and spurious MS attempts for `things to avoid'.

MS is diffucult just for the point of being difficult.  bah.

> Debian, with OpenBSD and MacOS X as the task suits.

scratch the debian, change the OpenBSD to NetBSD and the MACOS X to Solaris and
you have my task suite. :)

-brian