[rescue] Re: sunpci note: TWO cards now available

Paul Sladen sun-rescue at paul.sladen.org
Tue Jan 29 20:30:44 CST 2002

On Sun, 27 Jan 2002, Linc Fessenden wrote:

> Debian and Suse are still actively persuing their own sparc port though.
> In fact, I would love to hear from anyone running debian on their sparc
> to see how it actually runs.

*Very* well thankyouverymuch.  Here, on my main console machine;  and a few
other machines.  I seem to remember that SuSE is basically `lets take the
i386 install, and run it on sparc'--I seem to remember it asking me about
PS/2 mice, 101 keyboards, and Matrox/ATI/Foo "videocards"... long time
again;  once you switch to Debian, you'll never bother going anywhere else.

	-Paul
--
Nottingham, GB