[rescue] Re: sunpci note: TWO cards now available

Paul Sladen sun-rescue at paul.sladen.org
Tue Jan 29 20:15:37 CST 2002

On Sat, 26 Jan 2002, Robert Novak wrote:

> Ya know, that's a lot like Solaris and /etc/hostname.* ... I don't hear
> you bemoaning why anyone in their right mind would use Solaris.

That's cos this is a *Sun* list, and I wouldn't be so "stupid"!;  however
[Solaris], for it's networking configuration and utter reliance on [non
pre-installed] GNU software for useability, should be up there with VMS,
RedShat, and spurious MS attempts for `things to avoid'.

Debian, with OpenBSD and MacOS X as the task suits.

	-Paul
--
Nottingham, GB