[rescue] SGI Systems Worth?

Michael Dombrowski legodude at hammycorp.com
Tue Jan 29 13:50:06 CST 2002

I've been bargaining with the guy with the O2 I mentioned a week ago
but unfortunatly his and my definition of fair price is a little
different. The hinvs for the two systems are as follows:

hinv for O2
CPU:MIPS R5000Porcessor Chip Revision:2.1
FPU: MIPS R5000 Floating Point Coprocessor Revision:1.0
1 180 MHZ IP32 Processor
Main memory size: 384 Mbytes
Secondary unified instruction/data cache size: 512 Kbytes on
Porcessor 0
Instruction cache size: 32 Kbytes
Data cache size: 32 Kbytes
FLASH PROM version 4.8
Integral SCSI controller 0: Version ADAPTEC 7880
Disk drive: unit 1 on SCSI controller 0
Disk drive: unit 2 on SCSI controller 0
CDROM: unit 4 on SCSI controller 0
On-board serial ports: tty1
On-board serial ports: tty2
On-board EPP/ECP parallel port
CRM graphics installed
Integral Ethernet: ec0, version 1
Iris Audio Processor: version A3 revision 0
Video: MVP unio 0 version 1.4 with no AV Card
Vice: TRE

Indy hinv
System: IP 22
Processor: 150 Mhz R4400, with FPU
Primary I-cache: 16 Kbytes
Primary D-cache: 16 Kbytes
Secondary cache size: 1024 Kbytes
Memory size: 32 Mbytes
Graphics: Indy 8-bit
SCSI Disk: scsi(0)disck(1)
Audio: Iris Audio Processor: version A2 revision 4.1.0

I have to get BOTH the Indy and O2. They come with an external 9gb
disk, Irix 6.5.something media and a camera. Maya and Wavefront are
on the O2 and work but do not include licenses so I'd probably have
to remove them. The lack of memory on Indy and 8bit gfx and the lack
of video board for the O2 are kinda disheartening.

1. What do you all think is a fair price for the two systems?

2. He has offered me telnet access to the two systems, is there
anything I could do to check them out?

Mike