[rescue] SGI Fuel

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Jan 29 08:51:28 CST 2002

On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, Bjorn Ramqvist wrote:

> So, wadda ya think? :-)

Oooooh.  Shiiiny.  The name stinks, though.

> It looks nice to me, but I miss XIO...

XIO's great, until you want to plunk down the cash for a new SCSI or
Ethernet card.  Besides, this is a uniprocessor system; perhaps SGI have a
higher-end cousin planned for it that will be multiprocessing and have
XIO?

Hopefully this use of PCI will turn out better than the last time SGI
tried to use an industry-standard expansion bus.  As far as I know, the
3Com FastEthernet was the only card that ever got ported to Indigo2/EISA.

--Jonathan