[rescue] Re: Re: Ultra 30 with 400Mhz?

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Mon Jan 28 00:19:36 CST 2002

On Sun, 27 Jan 2002, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 27, 2002 at 09:50:45PM -0800, Robert Novak wrote:
> > Maybe by the time they get cheap, I'll have an E250 or something. And a
> > 20A circuit to put it on. :)
>
> Why would you need 20A for a 250?  Runs off the same power as a U30..
> (115V)

Because at the moment my A/V system, 10 computers, two printers, and
everything else in either bedroom or the living room is on a 15A circuit.
I have to run an extension cord from the dining room circuit to plug
anything else in, like the quad ppro systems I'm playing with, or I blow
the circuit. And with seven UPSes in the apartment, I hate when the power
goes out, as do my cats. :)

Looks like E250 has 1-2 360W supplies (5.3A at 120VAC), U30 has a 300W max
supply (400VA, so 3.3A at 120VAC). So it can eat a bit more power.

--Rob

        "And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe
           Maybe this year will be better than the last...." -- counting crows