[rescue] Re: Ultra 30 with 400Mhz?

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Sun Jan 27 23:50:45 CST 2002

On Sun, 27 Jan 2002, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 27, 2002 at 09:26:17PM -0800, Robert Novak wrote:
>
> > I just discovered there's a 400mhz cpu for the Ultra 2. Sun's selling
> > reman Ultra 2s on store.sun.com that have the 400mhz module. Does anyone
> > know if this module will work in the Ultra 30?
>
> U30 only goes up to 300mhz.

Okay, thanks for the info. I guess I'll suffer with 300mhz for now. I'm
not seeing the 400s cheaper than $1k anywhere anyway, and it seems like a
waste to spend more on the cpu than I do on the rest of the system :)

Maybe by the time they get cheap, I'll have an E250 or something. And a
20A circuit to put it on. :)

--Rob

        "And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe
           Maybe this year will be better than the last...." -- counting crows