[rescue] sunpci note: TWO cards now available

Scott Newell newell at cei.net
Sun Jan 27 23:46:42 CST 2002

>Why can't you use solaris or other unix to transfer autocad files?

A long time ago I did use autocad under SunOS...must have been R10 or so,
really old.  That was probably the last, or nearly the last, version
Autodesk did for anything other than x86 dos/windows.  R13 was available on
dos, but I think 14 and later is win32 only.  Autodesk loves to break
compatibility by upgrading the file format with every release, so running
more than one rev old is perilous if you have to interchange with other users.

There are other cad programs that claim to support autocad's native file
format.  I'm sure some are even available under unix.  I do know that I
tried importing a fairly large autocad native drawing into the SolidWorks,
and it didn't import completely.

newell