[rescue] Ultra 30 with 400Mhz?

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Sun Jan 27 23:26:17 CST 2002

Hi folks,

I just discovered there's a 400mhz cpu for the Ultra 2. Sun's selling
reman Ultra 2s on store.sun.com that have the 400mhz module. Does anyone
know if this module will work in the Ultra 30?

>From what I can tell, the 250mhz and 300mhz modules are interchangeable
between the U2 and U30, but I'm not sure if there's sufficient support on
the U30 motherboard for the 400mhz cpu. The online system handbook doesn't
show the option, but that doesn't necessarily mean much.

Thanks,

--Rob

        "And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe
           Maybe this year will be better than the last...." -- counting crows