[rescue] OpenBSD

George Adkins george at webbastard.org
Sun Jan 27 20:03:21 CST 2002

On Sunday 27 January 2002 08:17 pm, you wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Jan 2002, George Adkins wrote:
> > I'm _PISSED_OFF_ that the jackasses seem to have removed the "Dedicated
> > Disk" option from the installer...  I have to start all my 4.4 installs
> > with a 4.2 disk to keep it from putting that crappy 64 sector empty
> > space in front of the root slice
>
> Yeah, I noticed that when I installed 4.5-RC1 from FTP about a week ago.
> Surely this wasn't taken out by popular demand...

No FSCKing kidding.

I was always annoyed at the old nag message, something about "are you sure
you don't want a true partition table..." or some such crap.
What I really want IS a true partition table.
Without any of this FDISK slice crap.  I don't give a flying $hit about DOS
compatibility.  Screw that.  I wand an SD0, as in /dev/sd0...  not some hokey
linux-looking /dev/ad0s1a garbage.  almost as if they were trying to make it
look like Solaris' c0t0d0s0...

and if you ask me not to hold back,
I'l tell you how I _really_ feel about it...

George