[rescue] Re: sunpci note: TWO cards now available

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sun Jan 27 16:32:02 CST 2002

> Well, the complaint is mostly that their packages have extremely obscure
> names, because they're all in 8.3 format.  The actual filesystem they
> use isn't so crippled.
> Greg

Ah!  I see.  There is a package map somewhere on there.  If memory serves,
it's a directory containing full names of the packages.  The files in that
directory actually contain dependencies, if memory serves.  I think they did
it that way so that their installer was able to resolve them easier or
something.

I could, of course, be full of hooey...

Personally I kinda like the way they've done it.

Kurt