[rescue] Re: sunpci note: TWO cards now available

Gregory Leblanc gleblanc at linuxweasel.com
Sun Jan 27 14:40:50 CST 2002

On Sun, 2002-01-27 at 14:01, Linc Fessenden wrote:
> > I don't think dead rat ever released a 7.0 Sparc version.
> >
> > Mike N
>
> They didn't.  6.2 was the last sparc port.  Debian and Suse are still
> actively persuing their own sparc port though.  In fact, I would love to
> hear from anyone running debian on their sparc to see how it actually
> runs.  Suse might be neat as well, but it's far too bulky afaiac.

I hate SuSE with a vengeance.  Their tools suck serious ass, and they
don't give anything understandable names (what's with this 8.3 filename
requirement!  "that's so 80's, man!)

Debian is nice though, even if they do some things rather "weird" for
use as a desktop.  Sweet lean Linux server OS though, if you don't mind
needing to run an upgrade once a week.  At least that's automate-able.
	Greg

--
Portland, Oregon, USA.