[rescue] Re: sunpci note: TWO cards now available

Gregory Leblanc gleblanc at linuxweasel.com
Sun Jan 27 14:30:08 CST 2002

On Sun, 2002-01-27 at 12:31, Mike Nicewonger wrote:
> on 1/27/02 3:19 PM, Gregory Leblanc at gleblanc at linuxweasel.com wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 2002-01-26 at 20:59, Robert Novak wrote:
> >> And how many of you are running Redhat 7 on Sparc? :) Maybe this should go
> >> to linux-flamers at sunhelp for a while.
> >
> > Heh, no, but I've got an original 6.2 install, that's heavily enough
> > upgraded that it almost looks like a Red Hat 7 box, does that count?
> > Greg
>
> I don't think dead rat ever released a 7.0 Sparc version.

Nope, they didn't, because nobody purchased it.  Most of the Sun boxes
anybody would -want- to run Linux on (instead of Solaris) are -far- from
the latest and greatest...  They're mostly hobbyist machines, for people
who can and will download rather than buy the boxed set.  No money in
that for them, and it costs a lot to support another architecture.  I
can't blame them for not having a SPARC version, since Solaris is SOOOO
much nicer on the hardware where they could get people to buy Red Hat.
	Greg

--
Portland, Oregon, USA.