[rescue] OpenVMS again

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Sun Jan 27 02:44:04 CST 2002

> > > I just don't like licenses that have a time limit. I think that
> > > sucks. At the moment all I want to know is how much a commerical
> > > license is going to cost me.
> >
> > Which system?  If you can provide the model number I can look
> > up the cost.
>
> Vaxstation 4000 96. It doesn't have to be the latest version, has
> long as I can compile C source and integrate with Unix/Windows I'll
> be happy as a pig in mud. Assuming I can afford it.

If there are already licenses, the license transfer fee is $300
(I can't remember if this is per license or system).

If not, you'll need an OpenVMS license and either a Compaq TCP/IP
Services for OpenVMS license, a NAS250 license, or a license for
Process Software's Multinet or TCPware.  These licenses will cost
you four figures (the online price list is currently unavailable,
so I can't give you the exact figure).
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net