[rescue] serial plug for vaxstation

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sun Jan 27 01:38:06 CST 2002

> I'm after on of these:
>
> 6-pin modified modular jack (MMJ) used for serial ports on the VAXstation.
> part # H8575-A  (female "RS-232" plug on one end).

Try asking one of your local electronics stores (not the big mega-stores,
but the smaller hobbyist-shops) if they make custom cable assemblies.
Most will, and if you order enough of them (20 or so), they're
cost-effective.

I know for a fact that ElectoTex in Houston (they ship) will make these
cables, provided that you can give them a pinout.  Since I was a starving
student at the time, I bought the parts and made my own.  They aren't that
hard to make--the PITA is finding the crimper die that supports MMJ.

--Jonathan