[rescue] OpenBSD

Christian J Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Sun Jan 27 00:11:49 CST 2002

Bill Bradford wrote:
> Yes, they replaced it because the author of the software wouldnt buckle
> down to their demands.  Egoists.

Oh no doubt, both sides were being major pricks.  Reed had a really badly
written license, and didn't want to change it.  His prerogative.

Theo et al found that the license "clarification" for IPF made it
incompatible with the primary goals of the OpenBSD project.  They tried to
bully Reed into changing the license.  But there was already some history
between Reed and the OpenBSD guys so I think they knew it was doomed from
the getgo and they had no real interest in having Reed change the license.
I think they just wanted to grind on him some before starting work on pf,
which is what they really wanted in the end anyway.

Really, I could care less about all this stupid BS politics they are
playing.  The end product is the best thing out there for certain
applications, and I'm greatful for it.