[rescue] fsck RPM

Christian J Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Sat Jan 26 23:32:30 CST 2002

mrbill said:
> There's also a difference between using RedHat and installing
*EVERYTHING*,
> or installing a base RedHat system and then compiling everything myself
from
> source (which is what I prefer to do).  Fsck RPM.
[apologies for the change of spelling]

Oh I love RPM in some ways.  If a source RPM is available, I'm very happy.
I just:

"rpm -bb --target athlon package.spec"

The nice thing is, RPM tracks dependencies, which the *BSD's are horribly
lacking behind in, and can prevent you from some potentially dangerous
problems where removing a package will break another.  You can always brute
"--force" your way through if you know what you're doing, but I for one
appreciate the notices that removing one package will break dependencies for
another.