[rescue] Kivio & more cross-*NIX support

Christian J Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Sat Jan 26 23:09:04 CST 2002

Kurt said:
> Kivio isn't quite there, but it's gaining momentum.  Yes, it is KDE based.
> Yes I've only seen it run on Linux.
[snip]
> I really wish they'd do a cross-platform version for *nix.

So ask them.  Offer help.

I wanted to see MySQL support some more esoteric platforms so I wrote and
asked what would it take.  They quickly responded back that all they needed
was an ssh port, a normal user shell account, and a machine of the desired
platform with 24x7 high speed connectivity and they would add it to their
build farm.

Once my cable modem is installed (on order now), expect to see some new
combinations of hardware & software available for MySQL binary package
downloads.