[rescue] My fingers are crossed!!!

Joshua Johnston flagg at midmaine.com
Fri Jan 25 14:18:18 CST 2002

Afraid I don't know about the keycaps situation, though I'd definitely
suggest looking elsewhere from Apple if you can.  From what I hear,
AppleCare is a really pricy thing once you're out of warranty, which I'd
think any seatbooks would be.

I've been using OSX since November, when I got my very first modern Mac
and love it.  I have a newer iBook, the "ice" model, and have been using
it whenever possible.  Unfortunately, the speed's a bit slow and you'll
want to -load- your iBook with as much RAM as possible.  I'm not kidding
here.  It'll run, but you'll really want to splurge on 512+M of memory.
Whatever the machine's capable of.  There have been days when I'd take
my monitor and keyboard/mouse from my Windows machine and just play on
the iBook all day long.  OSX is just that cool.

- Josh