[rescue] Corsairs

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Fri Jan 25 11:24:45 CST 2002

> > My dad _swears_ he saw 3-4 of these in Tunisia during WWII. Doesn't jibe
> > with what I know - deployed in the Pacific theatre only.
>
> 	One of the things I've noticed in all the WWII history books I've
> read is how seemingly disorganized the whole war effort was. Little
> discreprencies like this popped up all the time. I think it's just a case
> of resources getting shoved where they were needed and paperwork getting
> lost or misrouted.

I think some of it was putting things where they were needed
regardless of whether they were supposed to be there or not.
If there was a good reason to have a Corsair in Tunisia, then
there would be a Corsair in Tunisia.

This kind of thinking definitely disappeared later, esp. during
McNamara ("Forget about what you think you'll need, you'll get
the F-111 and that's that").
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net