[rescue] Corsairs

Steve Hatle shatle at nfldinet.com
Fri Jan 25 07:27:51 CST 2002

Nice planes. Supposedly enough torque in that engine to damn near flip the
plane over on a "throttle to the firewall" type takeoff. Didn9t Pappy say as
much in his book, that carrier deployment was delayed because they kept
losing planes to takeoff accidents? I read that book a _long_ time ago. .  .

My dad _swears_ he saw 3-4 of these in Tunisia during WWII. Doesn't jibe
with what I know - deployed in the Pacific theatre only.