[rescue] Boats?

Monty Walls mwalls at castor.oktax.state.ok.us
Thu Jan 24 16:25:01 CST 2002

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002 22:14:47 GMT
wlewis at mailbag.com wrote:

> >>  > What about the B-25J... something close to two DOZEN forward firing
> >>
> >>Have you seen pictures of the B-17 escort gunship they built?
> >
> >This I have to see.  URL?
> The XB-40. They also did a version of the B-24 Liberator as the XB-41.
>
> http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/research/bombers/b3-89.htm
>
> Wright-Patterson Airforce Base - USAF Museum is the airplane geeks heaven. I
> think it's a better museum than the Smithsonian's Air and Space Museum.
>
> Surf and you'll be amazed.
>
> William

If you are going to the Smithsonian, also make sure and hit the aircraft
restoration facility for the Smithsonian (on the corner of Andrew's?).
They offer tours, but you have to call in advance.  It's about 7 hangars of
cool stuff, mechanics, and in progress projects.  The hangars store both the
restoration work and the things that don't have room (Enola Gay when I was
went was being restored, with the engines up on motor stands for rebuilding).

--
-Monty Walls (mwalls at castor.oktax.state.ok.us)
-	MIS, Oklahoma Tax Commission