Surplus Gas Masks and Helmets...was Re: [rescue] Boats?

Mike Hebel nimitz at owc.net
Thu Jan 24 15:52:53 CST 2002

DDD> the oddest thing to me... Fry's sells gas masks...when i first saw it i
DDD> thought "cool, i'll snag one of those for fun" then i saw the price
DDD> tag..like $250.  it's not that cool.  but maybe if my allergies were
DDD> that bad.

Y'know, that's more than a little annoying because I used to be able
to get those from local surplus places for about $25 in the past.
Same with flight helmets.  I used to be able to get the jet fighter
style helmets (can't recall the model off-hand) for about $120.  Now I
can't find a flight helmet for under $400 - locally or E-Bay.

Guess I should be selling military surplus stuff on the side...

Mike                         mailto:nimitz at owc.net