[rescue] WWII Aircraft (was RE: Boats?)

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Thu Jan 24 15:40:21 CST 2002

> I am a big buff of WWII air craft and tanks. My favorites are the P-61 Black
> Widow and the American light tanks (M-3/M-5 Stuarts, M-24 Chaffee, and some of
> the really wierd experimental stuff the US did).

My favorite WWII aircraft are the B-17, P-40, P-51, FW-190,
and Zero, for different reasons.

What is neat is talking to my father-in-law, who was a B-26
pilot in WWII.  Neat stories.

On the flip-side is my mother-in-law, who is from Hungary.
Her whole family was killed during WWII during a bombing
raid.  She's got a lot of stories, too (being threatened
at gunpoint by Nazi soldiers that suspected her of helping
Jews, which she did, and escaping after the Soviet invasion.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net