[rescue] OT: Data Warehousing book recommendations

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Thu Jan 24 10:19:05 CST 2002

On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 08:55:10AM -0600, Eric Johnson wrote:
> Has anyone here done any data warehousing projects? We are looking at one
> and as the only programmer in the office, I have been asked for
> recommendations about a topic almost wholely outside my expertise.
>
> Some book (or online articles) recommendations would be very much
> appreciated.
>
> -- Eric Johnson

I think more info is needed.

If you are doing stuff with the web, check the "Data Webhouse Toolkit"
book, has a red and white cover, I think it is published by
Addison-Wesley.

Also, see

http://www.arsdigita.com/bboard/q-and-a-search?topic=web%2Fdb&topic_id=21&query_string=data+warehousing

(above is one URL)

and of course, search google.com .

What are you warehousing?  Do you know the kind of queries you need to handle?

./patrick