[rescue] SLACKERS

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Wed Jan 23 23:24:33 CST 2002

On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 10:51:18PM -0500, Kurt Huhn wrote:

> I recently made it all the way across PA at a average speed of 85MPH (top
> speed was about 110-ish) - on Rt 80 no less!
>
> Yeah, I was a little surprised about not being pulled over and beaten...

<RANT>

The bastards at PennDOT...

Go to the PA Turnpike's web site sometime.  Look at what they take in
vs. what they spend on the roads.

I wish I could figure out how to
run my business with an 80% profit margin, and still have both a
virtual monopoly and the ability to hand out lots of high paying do
nothing jobs like toll booth attendant to politician's nephews and
ne'er-do-well sons in law.

</RANT>

Local roads here in Lancaster would all be gridlocked if people drove
the speed limit.

A normal 4 lane highway that has light traffic at 65-70mph will
suddenly get congested when a cop appears and everyone drops down to
55mph.  I usually go 60mph exactly and pass the glorified meter maid,
then get in front of an 18-wheeler and punch it.

Overall a very satisfying feeling :-)

./patrick