[rescue] SLACKERS

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Wed Jan 23 21:31:43 CST 2002

> It was taking advantage of the general dumbing-down and no-responsibility
> nanny state. "The dealer didn't tell me this would happen! Boo-hoo!" We
> may think it's common sense, but where does that matter any more.

a bunch of rednecks tried that around here once.  the judge told them that
they could go cry somewhere else and just pay the damn speeding ticket.

> You are right about one thing, though. In Nebraska, speeding is not
> traditionally considered a very important violation.

it's less state dependant and more local.  if i drive through kutztown with a
funny look on my face i'll get pulled over, whereas in reading, the attitude
is pretty much, "you're not killing anybody, right?  ok, you're free to go."

same state, half an hour apart.

-brian