[rescue] 411s

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Wed Jan 23 15:46:53 CST 2002

> > >There is an ebay seller with tons of them for real cheap.  I'll probably
> > get a
> > >few.
> >
> > Cheap, but did you see the shipping charge?  $17--damn!
>
> Oops.  Should read more carefully before posting.  I've sent him a message
> asking if I could combine shipping on a few.

Some sellers will, some won't (I find the ones that won't usually
make a lot on the shipping).  A seller had a big and bulky item
for sale on eBay.  The item had some options added, one of which
I needed.  I emailed, saying I wanted to buy the item (at the
BuyItNow price) provided he could just send me the one option I
needed (and keep the rest) so I didn't have to pay shipping. He
refused.  Later, buying something else from the guy, I found out
why.  He charges about twice the actual shipping cost.  The item
descriptions at the time said "actual shipping cost", but that
wasn't true.  The comment I sent along with my payment was one
the order of "you've got a funny definition of actual shipping
cost, so this will be the last time I'm going to bother bidding
on your auctions".  I guess I wasn't the only one to complain
as the guys auctions now have a link to find out what the cost
will be to ship the item (but the cost is still about double).
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net