[rescue] Re: phobos cards

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Wed Jan 23 13:25:21 CST 2002

On 22 Jan 2002, Gregory Leblanc wrote:

> > > There is a guy in the Agora classifieds on arstechnica.com (in the forums)
> > > who has a couple of hundred of these for sale CHEAP.
>
> Could somebody post a URL for this?  Now I seem to be incapable of
> navigating that website at the moment (maybe too much time with my head
> buried in GNOME 2 Makefiles and libtool madness (libtool -does- suck,
> BTW).  Thanks

Found it at
http://arstechnica.infopop.net/OpenTopic/page?a=tpc&s=50009562&f=57909216&m=5620999492

They're described at http://www.phobosperipherals.com/Products/P430.htm

Wonder if I can MLT them to my Nortel box. Also wonder if they're better
than the Osicom or Znyx cards I've used before. That's a nice price
($100). (typical disclaimer, never heard of the guy or the card, no
connection, just drooling inconspicuously)

--Rob
        "And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe
           Maybe this year will be better than the last...." -- counting crows