[rescue] Boats?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Jan 23 11:19:34 CST 2002

On January 23, Rick Hamell wrote:
> 	My grandfather had a 45 foot Chris Craft cabin cruiser. He sold it
> to upgrade to a "larger" boat, but died before he could do so. It was a
> gorgeous boat though, I don't know what he did to it but that thing hauled
> too. He ran it in some sort of benifit race up in Pugeot Sound one year
> and got something like 4th place behind all the souped up speed boats. :)

  Oh My. :) My dream boat is a 55' Chris Craft Constellation.  Still
small enough [barely] to be piloted by one person, and *gorgeous*.
The closest I've gotten so far was a 30' 1961 Owens all-mahogany cabin
cruiser, which was wonderful but was damaged badly in El Nino a few
years ago and had to be scrapped.  It was a 1/4-done restoration
project anyway so it wasn't a huge loss, but it had lots of
personality.  I currently have a 24' Marathon cabin cruiser and two
screaming fast 14' jet boats...the former and one of the latter I will
be putting up for sale as soon as I can pay for some fixups.

       -Dave

--
Dave McGuire