[rescue] SLACKERS

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Wed Jan 23 08:12:27 CST 2002

On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 08:11:08AM -0600, Eric Johnson wrote:

> You should wait until the "My speedometer wasn't set up to work with these
> new tires" argument gets you out of at least one speeding ticket first. I
> had a friend who got away with that by showing the judge a set of
> drawings.

i don't know where you are from, but around here it doesn't work that way.
if i didn't make any changes to the vehicle and my speedometer is off, that's
not really my fault since speedometer calibration isn't part of the inspection
system here.  *however* if i make modifications to the vehicle that alter the
way it determins speed i am responsible for making sure my speedometer has been
properly calibrated.

-brian