[rescue] XBOX vs PS2

Michael Dombrowski legodude at hammycorp.com
Tue Jan 22 20:58:43 CST 2002

On 22 Jan 2002 at 20:39, rescue-request at sunhelp.org wrote:

> Something cool like the X-box?  Its nothing more than some overclocked
> PeeCee Weenie's wet dream.  Its a Celeron processor with some
> whiz-bang 3D Video card that everyone's got wood over because it
> *gasp* does 3D acceleration on the video board.

It's not a Celeron, it's a modified P3 IIRC. People like it because
it has _great games_.

> I'll stick with my PS2.  A nice R5600/200 or so Mhz MIPS processor,
> lots of memory IO...and TWO vector processing engines.

Come on, this is really, really, stupid. MS bashing just for the sake
of bashing is stupid. Who cares what's inside the console, it's the
games that matter. If MS can do a stable, nice platform with great
games on a Intel chip why do you care? Most people I've talked to
think it's the better system, the PS2 does not have 4x controller
slots, the PS2 needs $40 memory cards, and the PS2 does not have
builtin networking. The graphics look to be about the same to me on
both platforms but PS2 has had much more time to mature.

Mike