low-end octane2? (was: Re: [rescue] octane question)

George Adkins george at webbastard.org
Tue Jan 22 16:24:43 CST 2002

On Tuesday 22 January 2002 04:58 pm, you wrote:
> >On Tuesday 22 January 2002 03:24 pm, you wrote:
> >>  > On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 11:40:46AM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:
> >>  > >   Sridhar's never powered up his Onyx and he's already lookin' for
> >>  > > an Onyx2. ;)
> >>  >
> >>  > sridhar hasn't powered up his onyx yet since it's still at my house.
> >>  > :)
> >>
> >>  mmmm tasty onyx goodness.  I just got mine powered back up last night
> >>  after unfucking the root password.  The flightsim from flightgear.org
> >>  looks REALLY good on it.
> >
> >I recently got RM's #3 and #4 for my RE2.  any clues on which (if any)
> > should be terminated?
>
> Should be the one on the FAR right... as far away from the DG as possible.

zzzt, thanks for playing..
that one causes problems when terminated even in single and dual RM
configurations..

I think you are looking at Crimson information, Not Onyx.

I am leaning further and further toward the answer being NONE of them, the
more I look.

I think that the Crimson VME backplane (or whatever the RM's live on) needed
termination in the last slot.  I think that the Onyx backplane is itself
terminated beyond the last slot, in which case, the termination might not be
needed at all...

Some please correct me if you have more definitive information than I have
available...

George