[rescue] SLACKERS

George Adkins george at webbastard.org
Tue Jan 22 15:49:58 CST 2002

On Tuesday 22 January 2002 03:21 pm, you wrote:
> > At least you're not taking a truck and lowering it so that speed bumps
> > are a structural hazard.
> >
> > (seen a truck like that get hung up, once... stranded itself on a SPEED
> > BUMP on FLAT GROUND..)
>
> That was a common scene in my high school parking lot.  Or at least it was
> after a couple of us put an extra 2 inches of high density foam rubber on
> the top of the speed bumps.

we used to have problem with these kind of trucks cruising in the housing
area on an Army post I was staationed at.  The occupants were usually looking
for children or spouses to try to 'pick up' or 'sell to' after hours of
darkness.

the solution was to put twelve inch sections of two-by-four out in the
roadway... ...spray painted dark grey and flat black.

they make a hell of a racket when the rim bottoms out on the wood, and then
as the piece of wood 'kicks out' from under the tire on the back side and
then bounces up and down between the underside of the vehicle and the road as
the "truck" continues forward at 25 mph or so.